NICHOLAS NIXON was born in Detroit, Michigan in 1947 and has been living in Boston since 1976 where he is part-time professor of Art at Massachusetts College of Art. Nixon has been the recipient of two Guggenheim Fellowships and three Photography Fellowships from the National Endowment for the Arts, and more recently, a George Gund Foundation Fellowship.
He has had numerous solo exhibitions in the United States and abroad, and is represented in the collections of more than forty museums worldwide. His publications include Nicholas Nixon: Pictures of People (1988) and The Brown Sisters (1999).
LODIMA PRESS PORTFOLIO BOOK SERIES
“I do think this is one of the most exciting publishing projects in recent years. If I had stayed in publishing I would have fantasized about producing a series like yours.”
This is an ongoing series of beautiful, yet affordable photography books of previously unpublished work by leading and emerging contemporary photographers. These books are printed to the high standards for which Lodima Press has become known—600-line screen quadtone on heavy cover stock, insuring that the reproductions are true to the originals.
Each book in the series contains from 10 to 18 photographs and includes a statement by the photographer. The books have 24 pages and are 9 5/8″ x 8 5/8″ in size.
Portfolio Book By Photographer
1. Nicholas Nixon – Home
2. Carl Chiarenza – Solitudes
3. George Tice – Common Mementos
4. Keith Carter – Opera Nuda
5. Linda Connor – Heaven|Earth
6. Larry Fink – Primal Elegance
7. Arthur Tress – Planets
8. Marilyn Bridges – Flights Through Time
9. Paul Caponigro – Stone Churches of Ireland
10. Douglas Mellor – Still
11. Hans Bol – The Studios of Pietrasanta
12. Robert Adams – Close at Hand
13. Eric Lindbloom – Salt Grass
14. Arno Rafael Minkkinen – Balanced Equation