D. W. MELLOR was born (1947) and lives in the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania suburb of Bryn Mawr. He is a former commercial photographer, professor, fine art photography collector, and gallery director.
He has had numerous solo exhibitions and his photographs are in the permanent collections of major museums including the Center for Creative Photography, Tucson, Arizona, Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, Los Angeles County Museum of Art, Philadelphia Museum of Art, and the Museo National de Bellas Artes in Buenos Aires, Argentina. His first book In Situ was published in 2004.
LODIMA PRESS PORTFOLIO BOOK SERIES
“I do think this is one of the most exciting publishing projects in recent years. If I had stayed in publishing I would have fantasized about producing a series like yours.”
This is an ongoing series of beautiful, yet affordable photography books of previously unpublished work by leading and emerging contemporary photographers. These books are printed to the high standards for which Lodima Press has become known—600-line screen quadtone on heavy cover stock, insuring that the reproductions are true to the originals.
Each book in the series contains from 10 to 18 photographs and includes a statement by the photographer. The books have 24 pages and are 9 5/8″ x 8 5/8″ in size.
Portfolio Book By Photographer
1. Nicholas Nixon – Home
2. Carl Chiarenza – Solitudes
3. George Tice – Common Mementos
4. Keith Carter – Opera Nuda
5. Linda Connor – Heaven|Earth
6. Larry Fink – Primal Elegance
7. Arthur Tress – Planets
8. Marilyn Bridges – Flights Through Time
9. Paul Caponigro – Stone Churches of Ireland
10. Douglas Mellor – Still
11. Hans Bol – The Studios of Pietrasanta
12. Robert Adams – Close at Hand
13. Eric Lindbloom – Salt Grass
14. Arno Rafael Minkkinen – Balanced Equation